7 Tips on How to Stay Safe Online
Every year, millions of users become victims of cybercrime. Due to Safer Internet Day on February 9, here are seven easy ways to guard yourself from online threats and maintain a safe and secure web environment.
Some of the following tips may help in order to keep you safe online:
- Always make sure your personal mobile devices and computers have the latest versions of software. Keeping your web browser and operating system updated is the best defense against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
- Use secure passwords. Secure passwords are usually required to be a minimum of eight characters in length with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Be aware of phishing scams. Phishing scammers trick web users into clicking on links, pop-up ads or any sort of attachments. That way they can easily gain access to their login information or personal accounts. Do not click on suspicious sources, especially when exploring websites you are unfamiliar with.
- Do not post things like your birthday, your first pet's name or your mother's maiden name for everyone to see. Information like this can be used by scammers who are trying to get through security questions in order to hack your passwords. Make sure your privacy settings are securely locked down.
- Protect your home wireless network with a password. When using public Wi-Fi, be careful of what information you are sending over it.
- Make online shopping safe. Before going on the web to buy things, make sure the website uses secure technology. While at the checkout screen, confirm that the web address begins with https. Besides, care to check that a tiny lock symbol appears on the page.
- Read privacy policies. Privacy policies can tell you how the site protects the personal information it collects. In case you can’t find it on the website you’re currently using or if it seems too complicated and suspicious, choose another web source for your task.
8 december 2020
Setting up a proxy server in the Yandex Browser
20 may 2019
FAQ about proxy
9 august 2019
The Pandemic Year and Cybersecurity Predictions for 2021
30 december 2020
Anonymity on the Internet
20 may 2019